Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Saturday, June 25, 2005

How many flags does it take...

Apparently, I have unwittingly become a theme park junkie over the past year. The latest excursion was to Six Flags: Marine World today. What makes this particular theme park unique is that, unlike other Six Flags ventures, this one was built over the skeleton of a much shoddier existing theme park. So, what was the original "Marine World?" As best as I can tell, it was the Bay Area's half-hearted answer to Sea World, with aquariums and even a water-skiing exhibition in a very clean lagoon. Thankfully, when adding rollercoasters, Six Flags decided to keep the aquariums and thrilling animal shows!

Now, I hadn't been to a dolphin exhibition since sometime in the late 80's. Lucky for me, Marine World must have heard about this and decided to ease me into the show. The first routine in the "Bank of the West presents the Dolphin Harbor Show" was performed to a little number known as "Conga!" by the Miami Sound Machine. I'll let you guess what the performance entailed... No silly, the dolphins didn't do the "twist," they formed a conga line and circled the stadium just like your favorite school dance/office party. And if the sight of four dolphins doing the conga doesn't bring a smile to your face then you need to call Dr. Feelgood and have him melt your heart of stone.

The only sore spot of the day was my eyes after looking at images of this bugger all day long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home