Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Saturday, June 04, 2005

You will find buried treasure

I was eating at a Vietnamese restaurant last night and developed a new game to play with fortune cookies. Four people opened their cookies and read the fortunes, but more importantly they flipped over the fortunes. Turns out, these were the kind of cookies with a word or phrase in Chinese on the back. Lets look at what they were able to say:

I am a Student, Ice Cream, Yes, Are you busy?

Now, if you immediately realized that these words could be assembled into the conversation:

Dude: Ice Cream? Are you busy?

Dudette: Yes, I am a student.

Then you are already a level six grand master of Fortune Cookie Boggle®. Two of us still had to open our cookies. Would we be able to finish the conversation with the combo "Oh well" and "I'll eat it all myself?" The tension was mounting. And the final two phrases were:

In, Bed...

Good Grief, Charlie Brown! That sure was a lame story, eh? And for those of you that haven't noticed, this blog has become quite a bit lamer recently. I recently moved and started working in a laboratory so I have been quite busy as of late. But, you know what they say about excuses, they make your wife into your EX-wife and your kids will only C U on Saturdays and Easter

In an attempt to delame this blog, I have updated the poll. This time the poll is actually a pop quiz. So no cheating, Poindexter! The other update is a new selection in the "Now Here This!" category. If you know something about my taste in music, you know I like my drums loud and pounding. And this recent band has pounding drums galore. So, enjoy!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger DJ said…

    You are supposed to eat fortune cookies whole and then pull the fortune out of your mouth.

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and you know what assuming does?
    it puts you in a potentially awkward position if your presumption is wrong, cause then you look like a jerk in front of everybody.

    Pop quiz answer:

    e) trick question

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger Bmax said…

    Actually Jake, I believe you were talking about presuming. Because assuming makes an ass out of you and ming.

    p.s. Love the webpage

     

Post a Comment

<< Home