Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Hold Me Closer...

Yesterday night, I attended The National Ballet of China performing Raise the Red Lantern. I think it was the first ballet I've ever been to, but it was really entertaining. I'll admit that I'm a sucker for gimmicky stuff like a rape scene performed in silloutte where eventually the dancers burst through the paper walls onto the front of the stage and snowfall over the entire stage at the end of the execution. It didn't hurt that we were in the rich-old-white-person section since we got our tickets at one quarter price (half off on two-for-one). Now, I don't really know anything about ballet, but I do know that dancers have the most incredible bodies. Because the whole focus is on movement, every muscle is toned to make motion as effortless as possible. They aren't too skinny or Schwarzeneggered, everything is in the proper proportion. For example, have you ever seen Beyonce.


I doubt that anyone save me is probably interested in this, but the Flaming Lips have new songs posted on their mySpace site. They seem like rough cuts of possible songs for their upcoming album "At War with the Mystics." Stylistically, they are kind of plodding, and unfortunately Wayne's vocals are at about the same level as "Thank You Jack White (for the Fiber Optic Jesus that you Gave Me)." It seems that singing the "wrong" way for twenty years will eventually take its toll on your vocal cords.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home