Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Monday, September 12, 2005

Lord Montfalcon Ponders the Cosmos

I have just returned from a journey through such towns as Chinese Camp and Copperopolis. Now, why was I on such a journey? To show those stinking terrorists who really owns 9/11. My roomie, Andrew, and I took a trip to Yosemite National Park this weekend. Yeah, Osama, one of United States' National Parks, ever heard of 'em?

The National Park system is one of the things that make America a great country to live in, which is why it makes perfect sense that 90% of the people we met on the trail were from the not-USA. In particular, there were enough Aussies to field two rugby teams and they kept throwing out good-d'y mates from here to Sydney.

After a freezing night (26 degrees as we left in the morning) in Sierra National Forest, we headed up the John Muir approved Half Dome. Now, Half Dome is probably the most aptly named peak I can think of, except of course for the Tetons. The hike went past two waterfalls and culminated with a scramble up a rock face while clutching cables to arrive at the summit of Half Dome with its thousands of feet of sheer cliff face and vertigo inspiring views.

On one final note, anyone who knows where the title of this blog comes from is no longer my friend...
They're my best friend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home