Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Thursday, September 22, 2005

School of Rock

My dad always told me, "You learn something new everyday." Well today I learned three somethings, so I'm good to go until the weekend.

First off, I learned about 'decanting' (WARNING: NOT FOR KIDDIES OR THOSE WITH PACEMAKERS). Yeah, so 'decanting' is apparently the process of emptying one's bladder, filling it with wine from a catheter and dispensing the wine from one's penis into guests glasses at a party. Now, this has all the makings of an urban legend. But, the people who told this to me got the information from one of the Bay area's free weeklies. Ok, ok, not the most reputable source, but the article was about how the practice was discovered after participants started coming down with urinary tract infections. Judge for yourself.

Second of all, I learned how to tell if someone really knows about being poor or not. We were having our weekly group meeting, and my boss was going off about the good ol' days and how he had to walk five miles up hill and someone called out, "Barefoot in the snow?" Then he said, "When someone says they used to be poor, you know how you can tell if their full of it? Ask them what you do when you have a hole in the bottom of your shoe. Well, if they say they say, 'Easy, put a piece of cardboard in there,' then they don't know what their talking about, cuz any poor person worth their salt knows cardboard will only last a day, but a linoleum tile is forever." Believe it or not.

Finally, I learned that Josh Permenter, aka Buttmenter, has a new band in Austin called Peel. One time I played a show with Josh. It was a song he wrote about how awesome Konrad, the German foreign exchange student, was. We wore orange jumpsuits. It was good times. Peel is wholeheartedly reccomended. You should listen up.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Broshaq said…

    Hey BMax, this isn't exactly a comment about Buttmenter or this post, but rather one you made earlier noting that the NYTimes oped will no longer be available for free.

    Well, thank me later, 'cause here's a username and password that seems to work:

    username: myleftwing
    password: motherfucker

    Pass it on.

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Bmax said…

    Thank you very much, Mr. Campbell!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home