Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Sunday, September 18, 2005

You say you got a real solution

I'm a junkie for the opinion pages of newspapers. I love the professional opnions and even more the letters to the editor. The opnions are always idiotic and uniformed (except for guest writers who are actually involved in what they are talking about), but I just can't tear my eyes away.

Unfortunately, this is the last day the op-ed pages of the NYTimes will be available for free on the internet. After today, you'll have to subscribe to Times Select to read Maureen Dowd's latest failed attempt to be hip and witty. Which also brings up another hillarious thing I love about professional opinion makers, the women have to be "attractive," white, think their funny, and bitchy (partial attractiveness exception: Molly Ivins). Gotta love blatant sexism/racism in America! I salute you Maureen Dowd and Anne Coulter for furthering the cause of humanity everywhere!

Now, to once again go over quota on Flaming Lips references for this blog, I was looking through the Times' Men's Fall Fashion feature (yeah, I was, deal with it) when I stumbled across none other than Wayne Coyne in the "Style Makers" slideshow. Oddly enough, in the photo, he isn't donning one of his trademark white suits. If you want to see style-making though, you should check out the The Fearless Freaks documentary, which features Wayne mowing his yard in suspenders and a shirt borrowed from Mark Twain with bright green galoshes.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you read the article about John DeLorean in the back of that glossy?

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Bmax said…

    Saw it, but didn't read it. I suppose I will now, if it has your ringing endorsement.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Ian Richard said…

    I wouldn't call it a ringing endorsement; it seems like once every 2 or 3 years some one just has to write an article about John DeLorean, and how charming he was, and how he bought in to the myth of himself, and how it led to his downfall. It's kind of annoying, really.

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Bmax said…

    Yeah, but then again, he did invent the flux capacitor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home