Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Monday, January 16, 2006

Amadeus Muzart

I was in the drugstore earlier today and my attention was drawn to the song coming over the loud speakers. What's that tickling my ears but none other than the intro to the Steely Dan classic, "Black Cow." But, wait, where are the lyrics? Thats not singing, thats a saxaphone! Arrrgh, I've been fooled by a clever muzak producer.

Now, I love the Dan as much as everyone reading this (if you're reading this you do love the Dan, right? right??), but I think we can all agree that a muzak version with jazzy sax and guitar lines replacing the vocals is kinda like having to fill out a form in triplicate.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Ian Richard said…

    Sure, it's overkill. I remember being in Hy-Vee with my mom once, and some Beatles song in muzak come on the PA. She almost started crying.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    word

     

Post a Comment

<< Home