Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Accident Free Work Days: 2,324 0

A physics lab can be a pretty dangerous place to work, what with chemicals, radiation, and high voltage. Lets not forget all the dangerous equipment, either. Take our Beckman L2 Ultracentrifuge, google it and you'll get the following hits.

So, there are numerous ways to injure oneself in a physics laboratory, but none of those exciting ways is how I broke my nose today. Nope, I did that by running into a wall.

I was in the hall heading toward the corner when a couple of people in my research group were leaving. They called from behind me and asked if I would check on something for them after they left. I turned around said, "ok" and turned back to go around the corner, but apparently I hadn't reached the corner yet. CRACK! my face goes right into the wall and breaks my nose. I went into the bathroom and got some paper towels to stop the bleeding and managed to pop it back into place.

I'm reporting that wall to OSHA!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    holy crap bmax, that sounds painful. snapping your own nose back into place is pretty tough though.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Broshaq said…

    So, "Gesundheit" would be the mot juste in this situation. Feel better homie.

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bmax!

    I feel your pain as I have also broken my nose! .... although mine was from passing out drunkenly while walking and when attempting to get up, passing out yet again and smashing my face into the sidewalk.. uh... maybe i shouldn't post that on the internet. oh well.

    i am also very stoked for yonder! maybe you can bring down yer banjo and you could jam with my unkle after the show. although I don't know how much jammin' can be done between a saxophone and a banjo.

    okay. i've said enough. call my cell phone sometime after april 11th.
    7203177330

     

Post a Comment

<< Home