Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Sunday, April 09, 2006

1.21 Jiggawatts!

If you wake up and are concerned that you may have accidentally been transported through a time warp to the 1950's where you could end up marrying your mother and causing yourself not to be born, what is the best way to check that you are still in the 21st century?

In my personal experience, your best bet would be to head to the supermarket and go straight for the checkout aisle. If they have installed wierd new flat panel screens for you to stare at while waiting in line, then you are definitely in the 21st century (Its still not all right to marry your mother though).

When I'm in the line, the tv just doesn't do it for me; I go for the magazine racks. Some people out there might prefer Weekly World News or US Weekly, but my drug of choice is Time magazine. Having finally broken down and bought a subsription though, I was left pondering my options.

My eyes were drawn to the Reader's Digest cover, "Normal or Nuts? Test Yourself" Bingo, just what I was wondering a second ago. Unfortunately I was sorely dissappointed. It seems that Reader's Digest can't even trust their reader's ability to fill out a quiz. The 'quiz' came prepackaged with answers about how the reader is just a tiny bit nuts and thats what makes the world go 'round.

This is the last time you fool me, Reader's Digest, by purporting to have original content!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home