Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Thank goodness I'm not in Kansas anymore

So, I could spend this post talking about how the people who live above me somehow managed to shatter their toilet bowl causing water to rain down onto my apartment (not to mention the apartment below mine). And how the same thing happened at my old apartment last year. Or, I could talk about how my b-ball team Net Force, finished out this season with two wins in a row, which, I believe qualifies as a winning streak!

But, something much crazier happened last week. You may have read about it in the New York Times, heck you might have even been there yourself. Yeah, I'm talking about the tornado that hit Iowa City last week. Judging from this map, it looks as though the tornado went directly through my old apartment.

I hope everybody back in IC made it through unscathed and has dug out most of the rubble. On a sidenote, if anyone has seen my old place, I'd be interested to hear how it faired. I imagine the nice row of windows is no longer there at the very least.

Now, I've just got to get out of California before the Big One hits and I'll be home free...

5 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i walked by your old place the other day, it looked fine to me. but i did think "hey, bmax lived right there, he house could have died."

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ps. me talk good see.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Bmax said…

    hear no talk me you

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bmax- Your old place is fine, but the block Sout of you is fucked up good. Also, Skotey got arrested that night for lootin'! -Benny

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Bmax said…

    Benny,

    I heard some rumors of grad school in Portland... Hit me with an email at brian.m.kessler@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home