Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Final Countdown

A while back I mentioned my softball teams inauspicous start to our season. Well, after a 0-3 run we came back with two wins going into the playoffs. And miracle of miracles, we found ourselves at the top of the standings in the semifinal game. How did that happen?

Well, the first playoff game was won legitimately, while the quarterfinal we one by forfeit when undefeated Team Eddie was all out of town at the same conference. Our streak couldn't last forever though and we went down to Osos last night. Tommorrow night brings a rematch with Team Eddie in the losers bracket and a possible shot at the championship.

My soccer team (yay for a sport I'm good at!) had a nearly mirror experience. After a 3-0 run at the beginning of the season we finished out with a tie and a loss. Last Sunday, we were missing players due to various reasons and had to play eight men versus the other teams eleven. We narrowly lost the first game of the night 0-1, but managed to struggle back and defeat the next team 2-1 still with only 8 men (tired, tired men). Tonight we breezed through the next game of the losers bracket 3-0.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to see my teams on to the finals, but just like Kevin Costner's dad, I will be cheering them on and high fiving Shoeless Joe whenever they score.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home