Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

¿Habla Español?

This Sunday I was outside in a park working on my farmer's tan while watching the World Cup final on a big screen. While the final was pretty disappointing, it did lead Zinedine (I won't tell you what mysterious visit coaxed me back from retirement) Zidane to deliver a wicked headbutt to Marco (I won't say what the insult was, except it wasn't about terrorism or his mother) Materazzi's chest.

That headbutt made me realize something; I should learn how to speak spanis so that in four years I could watch the Spanish language feed of the World Cup (Copa Mundial for those of you who have a head start) and not have to listen to the idiotic English announcers tell me about how many grapes Italy grew last year while covering up all the action on screen with giant graphics.

The more I thought about it, the better I realized that this idea was. Speaking of Spanish language television, I could get addicted to Telenovelas such as Heridas de amor or Barrera de amor.

Finally, I can take a trip to Spain, which from what I hear is quite possibly the ideal country. Everyone goes for a siesta each afternoon and takes the whole month of August off!

Now you're talking, or should I say, ahora usted está hablando.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Ian Richard said…

    Actually, in order to enjoy Spanish-language broadcasts of World Cup more than their terrible English counterparts, you don't need to be able to speak Spanish. I watched almost all of the 2002 Cup on Univision, and it was great, especially when someone - it doesn't matter who - scores a goal. The announcers are kick-ass and super excited about the whole thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home