Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Friday, June 23, 2006

World Cup Fieber!!!

So, if you're reading this, you've probably caught the bug, the football bug that is. Who am I kidding? You likely have no interest whatsoever in the global productivity meltdown known as the World Cup, especially now that the lackluster American squad made a hasty exit. Nevertheless, I'll give you my rundown. If nothing else it may give you some hot tips to call your bookie about.

Before today, my pick to go all the way was definitely the Argentinians. They're pretty explosive, but they'll have to get by the hometeam heroes to make it to the final. I said before today, because I also thought that Ghana would give Brazil some trouble at the beginning of the elimination round. Of couse, I also thought Brazil should start that whippersnapper Robinho instead of Ronaldo.

That was before Brazil decided to wake up. Its not that Ronaldo all of a sudden got skinny. Nope, he just started doing what he's always done, sit around at the top of the box and put balls into the back of the net instead of whiffing everytime the ball got near his foot.

That said, the dark horse candidate on my slate is Ecuador. This was a credible inside tip from a friend, but then I saw them get thrashed by Germany. However, they were apparently resting their best and brightest. Speaking of brightest, the Ecuadorians(?) have hands down the best uniforms of the tournament.

We'll just have to see how they do in elimination play versus England and their robotic striker.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Oliveslav said…

    I knew Peter Crouch was a robot! God didn't make the Brits that tall, it's as simple as that.

    Well, it looks like Ecuador is out... sorry Skotye. Maybe if your folk learned to Bend It Like Beckham it wouldn't have worked out like this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home