Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

7 Different Kinds of Smoke

I recently returned from my cousin's wedding in Iowa, which you might already know if you also happen to be someone I randomly bumped into (Biddy Barnes and Nick "Chatty Cathy" Barnes I'm talking to you!) The wedding was fantastic and I got to see a bunch of people I haven't seen in several years. All and all it was a good trip, except...

On Thursday night I went out to eat at a place called Hu Hot, which is one of these Mongolian grill chains where you go through a buffet line and pick out what you want, throw it in a bowl and they cook it for you on a giant round table. Now that would all be well and good, but Msr. Steve Wilkens and I had the grand notion that for our second plate we should go for a suicide, ie. one of everything in the line (well, actually we decided on two, so it was more of a Noah's Ark).

As is the case with most groundbreaking ideas, this was not well received. And the person not receiving it was seƱor stomach. I hearby declare that the Surgeon General put a warning on all buffet lines that combining 7 kinds of meat, 13 fruits and vegetables and 24 different sauces is not a healthy way to build the food pyramid.

In the healthy category though, check out those training miles go up. I'm on week 4 of my official training regimen for the Chicago Marathon. Go, go gadget legs!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    **Jealous**... I want to Hu Hot w/Msr. Wilkens!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home