Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Sunday, March 06, 2005

This weekend's archetypal blog entry

So the weekend is over, and this post could have been about any number of typical things. It could have been about how on two non-consecutive occasions last week people commented on how new my car smells. And how my car now smells like 50 In-N-Out burgers that may have been in my backseat. Or it could have been about how I fell only once while skiing today, but still managed to leave a stain of blood soaked snow on the mountain. But, NO! Something much more archetypical has intervened.

In case you are living in a cave or didn't get past the article on Gun's and Roses Chinese Democracy debacle, today's Arts section of the New York Times contains an article featuring the one, the only, Mr. Rick Herbst entitled: Is a Cinema Studies Degree the New M.B.A.? And if you are having trouble reading the article (you have to register and the Times site has been on the fritz the past week), here is a reprint. So, what does this mean to me? Well, for one thing, it means I'll definitely see a celebrity when I'm in LA next week.

In right-hand-side of the website news, the Tia-Tamera controversy has come to a heart wrenching conclusion. Though early exit polls showed Tia leading by a comfortable margin, Tamera made a late surge to bring the race to a dead heat. Then, disaster struck as the Diebold voting machines went down and after they came back on, my account and polls were lost... In light of recent events, I have no choice but to call the race in favor of Whoopi. Deal with it! After switching poll hosting sites, I have a new poll posted as suggested by Jake Douche Livermore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home