Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Friday, March 04, 2005

You say Pop instead of Soda? How Wierd!

Yes, its that time of the year again. No, not the time when Basketball players court cases are quietly hush-hushed, nor when pop stars trials start to get a bit more vociferous. Its time for Girl Scout Cookies! Yay!



And yours truly has received his first batch courtesy of the world's coolest 7th grader. Being the king of moderation when it comes to food, especially deserts, I have definitely not eaten two and a half boxes in the first twenty-four hours.

With Girl Scout cookies being in bloom, I got into a discussion with some people about what their favorite kinds were and was flabbergasted when they started listing off flavors I had never heard before. Little did I know that I was in a regional soda-pop mixup.

In hopes of easing the Eastside-Westside tensions, I now present you with your very own Girl Scout translation guide:

1. Caramel de Lites are known as Samoas, west of the Rockies. This name comes from the astronomical obesity rate that these cookies have brought upon American Samoa.

2. In the southern United States, the Peanut Butter Sandwich is known as the Do-Si-Do for its use in a bizarre courtship ritual.

3. The good people of Vermont, call Peanut Butter Patties, Tagalongs, since everyone who picks them as their favorite is most definitely a poseur.

In closing, I'll leave you with a comment someone once made about Girl Scout Cookies, "It's so hard to get into their boxes."

1 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger DJ said…

    I got my first batch today too! I got 1 box of thin mints, 1 box of caramel de lites and 1 box of shortbread.

    Eatme

     

Post a Comment

<< Home