Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Monday, March 21, 2005

Your money is in the back seat of my Delorean

I was standing in line at the post office today zoning out when I noticed that some guy was struggling to get the stamp machine to take his dollar. Finally, it takes his dollar and spits out some change. He turns and says to no one in particular, "It took my money, but didn't give me any stamps. It stole my $7.40!" He then went to the front of the line.

Man: "The machine just ate my money!"

Lady behind desk: "OK, fill out this form, send it in and you will get reimbursed."

Man: "This happened to me five years ago in San Francisco and I sent in the form and followed it up and I never got my money."

Lady: "I'm sorry, sir, but you have to fill out this form."

Man: "I don't want this form! I want my $7.40! Where is my money from five years ago?"

Lady: "Sir, I can't do anything except give you this form."

Man: "This form doesn't do me any good. I want my money from five years ago! I'm leaving my money here and I'll be back in ten minutes. I want my money and my stamps!"

Lady: "Sir, I can't be responsible for your money."

The man leaves with his change and the form sitting on the counter...

If this ever happens to you, don't get confused into thinking that the clerk can:
  • change the policies of the federal government
  • reverse time
  • magically produce $7.40 + stamps
  • make everyone feel comfortable after you've throughly soiled the mood
On an unrelated sidenote, if you like laughing your arse off but you didn't watch Arrested Development last night, then your arse must still be firmly attached to your body. The funniest show on network TV (admittedly, I only watch Sunday nights) is probably getting cancelled this season. If you aren't a Gen-X slacker, then you can sign a petition to try to keep it on the air. Also, don't bother sticking around for The Sketch Show afterwards. If you've seen the part of Whose Line is it Anyway where they go back and forth improvising with props, its basically that for thirty minutes instead of thirty seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home