Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Lovely Rita

At the final soccer playoff (we finished third and also third in softball for those keeping score. Woo-hoo!), I drove my car to the game and bought a parking pass from the dispenser. Much to my chagrin, I saw a ticket on the dash of my car when I returned. Seems that I'd flipped the parking permit onto my dashboard upside down.

A couple of days later, I call the parking office to contest my ticket and they say, "Sure, just send in the permit. But, before we can process that ticket, you need to take care of an outstanding violation at the Bowles Lot on August 29." "I have no idea what you are talking about. I never recieved that ticket," I respond. The conversation ends with the scent of mystery floating in the air...

Fast forward to Saturday night. I'm on my way out the door when my roommate queries, "What's up with your car? I haven't seen it all week." (record scratch) Wheels in my brain clicking slowly backwards... What exactly happened on Monday night.

I was on my way back from prison and wanted to grab my computer from my office. Unfortunately, all the temporary parking spaces nearby were taken, so I went up the hill to a random parking lot. I grab my computer, but run into someone else on their way home and decide to walk with them. Now, where does this leave my car? Parked all week in a permit lot.

Back to Saturday night and me sprinting up the hill to my car expecting it to either be towed or have the boot on it. Fortunately, I find it with three tickets on the dash, one for every two days. Luckily, the first ticket is not for my car, but for a car extremely similar to it in most ways except it inexplicably possesses a different VIN than my car.

The final tally:
Lovely Rita 2
Brian Maxwell Kessler 2

We'll call this one a draw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home