Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Friday, April 01, 2005

R.I.P. Bass Wolf



I have some bad news to report. Hideaki Sekiguchi (the bassist of Guitar Wolf) has gone rocking into the wild blue zero. When Jake, Steve and I saw him perform just three weeks ago he seemed healthy as he rocked it hardcore. But, I guess when you rock that hard, you just aren't long for this world. I'm glad I had the privilege of experiencing the awesomeness that his pumping bass provided to Guitar Wolf.

In news of the mundane, this is the week that prospective students visit Berkeley to see if its "the school." So I have been somewhat busy the past couple of days showing people around, taking them out to eat, etc. This is actually pretty awesome because the Physics department covers all the expenses. Though I must admit that I feel somewhat conflicted about trying to convince people to come to Berkeley when I am intent on leaving after next year. Maybe I should just consider it training for a future job heading WorldCom.

Finally, we move to music news. Driving in my car earlier this week, I heard the DJ say, "Now for the first single off Weezer's new album." I got kind of excited, because the new album has the possibility to be Weezer's return to glory after two lackluster albums. Then this came streaming over the airwaves. I'm not really sure how to describe it. It doesn't really sound like Weezer in any incarnation, and quite frankly, it sucks. Maybe the rest of the album will be incomprehensibly awesome...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    fuckin jesus. Bass wolf is dead. Next the pope. What the hell is going on??

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Bmax said…

    Its Ragnarok!!!

    or maybe just the day after tommorrow

     

Post a Comment

<< Home