Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Grrr....Arrrgh

So, I'm at work right now and by work I mean that I am sitting around waiting for this elctron microscope thingy to burn a pattern in some plastic sitting on top of a silicon chip. I'm here at this hour because the microscope thingy was broken for two weeks and now everybody needs to use it so its all booked up. And part of it isn't working right at the moment, so what should have taken half an hour will now take two hours. Happy Hump Day!

In the news you can use section, earlier tonight I was here. Sounds exciting doesn't it? Well, it actually wasn't all that exciting for me, since it meant that only one student was in the class I teach, which gave that class a teacher to student ratio of 3:1. I wandered over to another class I used to teach and helped them out though.

For any of you out there wondering, thats not at all typical of San Quentin. Contrary to popular belief, San Quentin is one of the nicer prisons in the state. Its a level 2 security out of 4. Level 1 is for people just before they parole and of trailers without even any fences. There have been a lot of transfers recently and that has been the source of the current issues. San Quentin is in the process of being converted into an all "lifer" facility (for people with life sentences), which will probably alleviate a lot of the problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home