Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A thorn in my side

Two weeks ago, I was playing some pickup bball. In the course of exhibiting some tenacious d, I came down hard on my left heel. "Ouch," I thought, but brushed it off, much like Michael Jordan when he had the flu. Over the past two weeks, the dull pain in my heel didn't really diminish and I couldn't figure out how I had bruised my heel so badly.

Last night, I finally looked at the sore spot and what did I discover? Not much, except a jagged splinter jabbing deep into my soul. After cutting out the splinter and having some puss ooze forth, my heel feels a lot better today.

The moral of this story is that tar heels ain't just for stopping worms, they keep the splinters out as well. Play safe everybody!

(This post was going to end with a link to the story about how tar heels refered to people in the south who put tar in their heels to stop parasitic worms from infecting them, but apparently that story was apocryphal. Nevertheless, the above advice still rings true)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home