Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Monday, October 17, 2005

And now in sports...

Now, when I was a wee lad, Sunday nights were a special night in the arena of sports. It wasn't due to NFL games or the wide world of sports or something lame like that. It was due to one thing. Last night resurrected that long lost glory as my basketball team scored our first victory ever. Yeah, thats right, we're the ones not in last place.

Besides being basketball season, its also the season to give out Alfred Nobel Memorial Dynamite Prizes. As you may or may not know, these prizes recognize the people who are incontrovertibly awesome at what they do. So, I thought I should direct my readers to one of the pillars of twentieth century science. I know, I know, many of you were thinking that such a preeminent scientist as Nils Gustaf Dalen, much like Ghandi, had been looked over by the Royal Swedish Academy. Well, you can thank your lucky stars every time you pass a lighthouse that he wasn't!

Finally, in my algebra class at San Quentin we had the students make up their own word problems to solve. I leave you with a query:

Lindsey Lohan was driving down Robertson Blvd. at 60 mph in her black convertible Mercedes E-Class and being trailed by the Paparrazzi in a tinted Chevy SUV at 80 mph. She spots those tree-jumping photographers 90 seconds before they spot her. How long does it take before they catch up and snap shots of her crashed into an illegally U-turning flower delivery truck?

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home