Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Culture Clash

I attended a play put on by the Beijing People's Theatre this afternoon. The play was in Chinese with supertitles projected on a screen above the stage. By supertitles, I mean that they put up a translation of about one sentence from each page of dialogue. So, I definitely did not get all of the jokes or much of the story. In the process, I learned that there are many aspects of Asian culture that I just don't understand.

Specifically, I am talking about the groups of college kids that incessantly practice dance routines on campus. These routines are basically on the level of high school poms. I mean, no one is getting served anywhere in the vicinity. So, what is going on? Where do they perform these dance routines? And why don't they practice indoors?

In other news, Net Force finished out the season with one win. Oorah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home