Bmax Comes Alive

I reckon that Bmax fellow swings by this corner now and then

Monday, November 07, 2005

Great inventions throughout history

Earlier today, I had a brief argument about how ingenious the ZIP-code is and how much Fedex and UPS are ripping off the United States Government. They get to use the world's greatest mechanical sorting system without paying any sort of royalties. And all this is happening while the USPS is forced to raise its rates. In honor of this inauspicous state of affairs, I would like to salute Robert Aurand Moon, inventor of the Zone Improvement Plan and its associated codes.

While we are on the subject of ripoffs and rants I have gone on, I saw Chris Rock: Bigger and Blacker the other day and he totally stole my schtick about banning bullets. Now, I have no idea how he was in Mr. Movies in Cedar Rapids, IA circa 1995 when I first made this tirade, but I want my percentage of that comedy special!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger DJ said…

    2 things

    1: USPS is better than UPS or Fedex because they almost never require a signiture to give you a package. Law is on their side, and it allows them to leave your package sitting right in front of your door, even in broad daylight, and no one is allowed to touch it but its owner. I hate having to be home to sign for packages, or receiving notices telling me I missed something.

    2. That special is pretty good. I would have to say you should just let Chris have your schtick, it suits him well.

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Bmax said…

    Definitely agreed about leaving the packages at your door. Its a half hour drive to pick up packages if I miss them and they never come when they say they will.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home